Go Beyond the Classroom with Your Students
At Dream Volunteers, we see our trips leave a lasting impact on the educators we partner with and the students who participate. Traveling with students provides rich opportunities to extend classroom learning while creating life-long memories for everyone involved.
You’ll also have the chance to meet and train online with fellow educators who have worked with us in the past. You can exchange best practices when preparing for your trip and maintain thought partners after your re-entry.
Perhaps the best part is that we take care of all travel costs, planning, and logistics. From pre-trip meetings in-person or online to flight logistics and ground travel to daily itineraries, food allergies, and souvenir shopping — we’ve got you covered. You get to pack your bags and focus on what you do best.
If you’d like your students to have new educational experiences while exploring the world, you’ve come to the right place. Service-learning and cultural immersion are part of every trip. Students quickly learn to improvise and gain confidence in their ability to communicate regardless of their language skills. In addition, our pre-written, core curriculum is rooted in global citizenship competencies and focuses on issues like climate change and sustainability, education, human rights, and social justice. Your students will serve, interact, and exchange while expanding their perspectives and their contextual references.
Find Out How to Start Your Journey
Life-Changing Travel for You and Your Students
Benefits for Your Students
- Learning outside the classroom
- Support community-driven, long-term service projects
- Mutually beneficial impact (exchange, service, growth)
- Cross-cultural connections made with peers in other countries
- Language exposure and development
- Broaden global competency
- Increase circle of empathy
Benefits for You
- Teacher/school representative travels at no cost
- Visit fascinating communities in Ghana, Guatemala, Costa Rica, India and Vietnam
- Share a meaningful experience with your students
- Engage your students in authentic cultural immersion and cross-cultural connections
- Work with a trusted partner with a 14- year track record
- We do the behind-the-scenes work
Dream Volunteers will:
- Take care of all logistical planning and preparation
- Facilitate the pre-departure curriculum
- Facilitate the in-country program experience
- Operate the health and safety protocols
- Ensure you and your school are covered by Dream Volunteers insurance policy
Christine Muir Parker
High School Biology Teacher
“In my experience as a student, teacher and life-long learner, there is no better way to learn and teach than with authentic, meaningful, interdisciplinary curriculum which completely immerses all learners. These new experiences, rich with purpose, push us beyond our own comfort zones to create a united community of learners. We are all students; we are all teachers. This bond in learning is rare in the classroom and difficult to replicate. My philosophy is that global education programs should be transformative, rigorous, field-based learning, grounded in the culture and socio-economics of a region. Dream Volunteers creates such global education programs!”
Teacher & School Administrator
“As an educator I long to ensure my students see learning not just as a set of conversations and debates in a four-walled classroom but rather as a way of seeing the world–a lifelong pursuit of becoming. Over 7 trips with Dream Volunteers across 5 countries, I have come to realize that the dream of inspiring my students minds to grow forever has also done the same for my heart in mind. Seeing their hearts learn alongside their minds enables me to enter a space of re-imagining what it means to engage with the world around me in a way that is necessary to confront the ever-changing reality of our global citizenry!”